Archive for the ‘awards’ Category
This will be a different kind of post!
I have been nominated for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’.
Thanks very much to ‘sunontiepost’ at www.sunontiepost.wordpress.com for nominating me for this award! Sunontiepost, aka ‘choosing words to choose worlds’, writes direct, hard-hitting poetry about many things, but often about dealing with the complications of diabetes.
I would like to nominate the following very nicely presented blogs, by some very talented people, for this award. I hope you visit them and enjoy their posts as much as I do:
Seven possibly unknown things about me:
- I am very messy but extremely well organized…is this even possible?
- My earliest memory is of my Mom teaching me ‘Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star”
- One of my favorite possessions is a little carved wooden cat, given to me by my son.
- My favorite poets are Seamus Heaney, Robert Frost, and Sara Teasdale.
- My favorite color is green.. oh and purple…no, red…except for orange, my absolute favorite… and then there is blue…..
- The first movie I ever saw was ‘Tarzan’ with my Dad (Tarzan the Ape Man, 1959).
- My best friends are my husband, my sister and my son, as well as my two brothers, and all my sister- and brother-in-laws, not in any particular order. Also my nieces and nephews. Also all the friends who are not related to me. I have really got myself into trouble with this item #7.
The Rules of Acceptance:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post:
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
- Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them
Thank you so much to all the blogs mentioned above for making my life more and more interesting. Jane
Hi. This will be a different kind of post.
I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award.
I would like to thank the bloggers who nominated me:
www.clsostarich.com At ‘Its Real To Me’, C.L. features her poetry. She has a keen wit and her poems make me laugh and smile and nod my head. Her poem ‘Tree’ is worth a careful read … it speaks the truth at its core, as do all her poems. Awesome poet!
www.everedwater.wordpress.com At ‘Redwater Ramblings’, Eve Redwater features her poetry. Her poems are finely crafted, and get inside her subjects… her poem ‘Bird’ is one of the best I’ve ever read. She uses metaphor skillfully and has interesting ways with words and ideas to show us how her subjects move and feel and think. Awesome poet!
The Versatile Blogger Award nomination is a way to show others how much you appreciate their blogs and to make other bloggers aware of some really extrordinary work.
Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award.
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award logo.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you with a link to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
I would like to nominate the following 15 bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award (in alphabetical order):
Here is a list of 7 random things to know about me:
- I am afraid of spiders, but I try to see things from their point of view.
- I have a collection of old litho prints of hunters at their campfires.
- My favorite film is ‘Fried Green Tomatos’.
- My favorite TV show ever was ‘LOST’ and I miss it so much.
- When I was a kid, I planted a pine cone under the outside water faucet and sat for an hour to see if it would grow.
- My very first poem at age six was about a brook near our cabin at Elkwater Lake, Alberta: “Down by our cabin/runs a little stream/and I love it better/than ice cream”
- I had both my Dad and my Mom as teachers in school, and they were both excellent.
Again, thank you to C.L. and Eve Redwater, as well as all those who read my Blog and who work so hard to make their Blogs enjoyable for others.