Merry Christmas surprise!

This afternoon I heard a tiny knock at the front door and arrived in time to see two children walking down our driveway. On the door handle I found a gift hanging! Very festive wrapping in a white dotted cellophane bag, a red card saying Merry Christmas and a gift wrapped in green tissue paper.

I looked out at the street and there was a group of parents and children walking and waving. I waved back and said ‘Thank you,’ feeling quite festive!

When my husband got home, we unwrapped the gift and inside was a beautiful sparkling ornament for our tree!

On Facebook, I discovered people all around our neighbourhood had received this surprise. Makes me feel so happy and part of the neighbourhood!

Merry Christmas everyone and especially to the families who made and delivered my surprise!

All my best,

stay safe,

Jane.

December 12, 2020 at 4:30 pm

1. Ah, yes, the blessings of locality.
    I live where I live, and I’m thankful for it.
    You live where you live, and I’m thankful for that, too.

Merry Christmas, Jane.
    Tell Glen(n?)(nn?)(nnn?)(when do I stop?) … tell him to hook up the plough.
    Snow’s a-comin’.

Neil

Liked by 1 person

neilsam567

December 22, 2020 at 6:11 am

• One ‘n’ and we are endlessly lucky (or was it planned) to live in rural NB. Merry Christmas to you and your family too. I think 2021 will sort out lots of things!

December 22, 2020 at 9:44 am

2. How wonderful, Jane! Merry Christmas. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

December 13, 2020 at 10:23 am

3. I thought that kind of thoughtfulness went out years ago.
    I wonder if your neighborhood friends will ever know that you shared their gift with WP readers and that we will probably share the story with others. etc etc
    It is good to read this. And I know it happens all over.

Liked by 1 person

ladysighs

December 13, 2020 at 8:44 am

• I think they will know because we have a very active Facebook community and lots of people will have seen my post there. I added them up and almost everyone in neighbourhood said thanks over Facebook.

Liked by 1 person

December 13, 2020 at 12:16 pm

4. What a lovely story, Jane. Merry Christmas!

Liked by 2 people

Jane Fritz

December 12, 2020 at 4:51 pm

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )