the case of the missing…

My Mom always loved her belongings and kept excellent care of them.  She also tried to keep track of them, but with four children (especially me), occasionally items went missing.

Once she called me in great distress.  She had been all over her property and could not locate the second wheel from a pair of wagon wheels she knew she had.

I said she didn’t have to worry.  I had taken the wheel as a decoration for my yard.

Today, I can look out at my winter garden, and see Mom’s missing wagon wheel.

wagon wheel in the snow    ~

Copyright  Jane Tims  2013

January 14, 2013 at 7:39 am

Posted in family history

Tagged with , , , ,

1. Wow! Look at that beautiful snow. I’m glad your mother’s missing wagon wheel has such a beautiful place to rest. I like wagon wheels, and have often considered buying one when I’ve seen them at yard sales or flea markets.

January 22, 2013 at 2:23 pm

• Hi Robin. They are certainly decorative. I love the look of the rough metal against the soft snow. Jane

January 23, 2013 at 12:13 pm

2. Beautiful. . it’s funny how little things bring back wonderfully, vivid memories.

Sheryl

January 15, 2013 at 11:37 pm

• Hi Sheryl. Thanks! I have a lot of ‘things’ and every one has a memory associated with it. It’s very hard to edit possessions when they are so connected to your memories. Jane

January 16, 2013 at 8:27 am

3. Look at your snow!!! You are so lucky, Jane – I’m green (or perhaps I should say gray and brown) with envy. It’s great that your mom’s missing wagon wheel found a good home where it will be appreciated for many years to come.

January 15, 2013 at 3:17 pm

• Hi. Wagon wheels are so symmetrical and decorative… I love Mom’s and you are right, I will love it for all my days. Sorry you don’t have snow. Ours is dwindling now but we expect more on the weekend. Jane

January 16, 2013 at 8:22 am